Join The Fane
A range of Career opportunities
Ref No: FVF/QT/02/22
The successful candidate with work within a laboratory environment and the role is primarily concerned with ensuring the safety and quality of the feed manufactured.
- Monitoring the quality of raw materials and finished feeds during the manufacturing process;
- Conducting routine audits including mill and HGV inspections and preparing associated reports;
- Monitoring and enforcing general good manufacturing practices including compliance to established procedures, recording of QA checks and documenting inspections;
- Assisting with employee training in relation to feed safety and quality;
- Monitoring labelling information and carrying out compliance checks;
- Assisting with office administration and order processing tasks.
- Hold a relevant qualification in Food Technology, Quality Management or equivalent;
- Show attention to detail and be able to prioritise a busy workload;
- Have the ability to work on their own initiative and within a busy team;
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills;
- Be IT literate;
- Preferably have previous experience in a technical or quality role.
In return, the company offers an attractive rate of pay and benefits package which includes Healthcare Plan for employees and their children under 18, Company Pension & Life Assurance, Health & Well-Being strategy which incorporates a range of on-going initiatives and programmes.
Fane Valley Feeds is the leading Agri supply Co-op in Northern Ireland with two modern feed mills in Omagh and Newry and Agri stores across the province. With a strong technical support proposition, Fane Valley Feeds is committed to improving its farmer customers’ businesses, providing superlative service and the best quality feeds on the market.
With one of the most modern animal feed manufacturing facilities in Europe, Fane Valley Feeds is committed to manufacturing the highest quality feeds for our customers. Both our Omagh and Newry sites operate to UFAS manufacturing standards and our delivery fleet is TASCC assured.
Our culture is based on setting best in class standards, working towards and delivering on committed objectives, striving for constant improvement and involving everyone in the process. We endeavour to develop our people and harness everyone’s potential to deliver a winning team.
Fane Valley Feeds is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to a safe, inclusive and relationship based working environment.
In return we offer a high degree of responsibility, great opportunities for learning, personal growth and development with advancement within a fast-moving agricultural sector. Health benefits and cover to be discussed with Human Resources.