Join The Fane
A range of Career opportunities
Ref No: FVF/PO/05/23
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Plant Operator to join our team based at our Omagh mill.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, Plant Operators are an integral part of our day-to-day operation, being responsible for the production and quality checking of all orders in the mill.
- Operating a highly computerised manufacturing process;
- Supervising raw material intake;
- Warehouse duties including operating a forklift truck;
- Performing product quality checks and maintaining mill hygiene standards.
- A good standard of education, with GCSEs or equivalent including Maths and English;
- Be computer literate;
- Ability to work on your own initiative and within a busy team;
- Preferably have previous experience working in an industrial environment or have previous experience using computerised production equipment;
- Ideally have a forklift licence but not essential as training will be provided;
- Having an interest in and knowledge of agriculture is desirable.
The hours of work are Monday to Friday based on a three-shift rotating pattern.
In return the company offers 32 days annual leave and the opportunity to undertake training so you can develop your skills. The company also offers an attractive rate of pay and benefits package which includes Healthcare Plan for employees and their children under 18, Company Pension & Life Assurance, Health & Well-Being strategy which incorporates a range of on-going initiatives and programmes.
Fane Valley Feeds is the leading Agri supply Co-op in Northern Ireland with two modern feed mills in Omagh and Newry and Agri stores across the province. With a strong technical support proposition, Fane Valley Feeds is committed to improving its farmer customers’ businesses, providing superlative service and the best quality feeds on the market.
With one of the most modern animal feed manufacturing facilities in Europe, Fane Valley Feeds is committed to manufacturing the highest quality feeds for our customers. Both our Omagh and Newry sites operate to UFAS manufacturing standards and our delivery fleet is TASCC assured.
Our culture is based on setting best in class standards, working towards and delivering on committed objectives, striving for constant improvement and involving everyone in the process. We endeavour to develop our people and harness everyone’s potential to deliver a winning team.
Fane Valley Feeds is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to a safe, inclusive and relationship based working environment.
In return we offer a high degree of responsibility, great opportunities for learning, personal growth and development with advancement within a fast-moving agricultural sector. Health benefits and cover to be discussed with Human Resources.