Join The Fane
A range of Career opportunities
Field Sales Manager
Ref No: FVF/FSM/05/23
Reporting to the Sales Director the Sales Manager will be responsible for managing, leading, and developing a Field Sales team delivering profitable sales growth of ruminant and monogastric feed and agri-products as well as contributing to the overall strategic development and growth of the Fane Valley Feeds business.
The focus of the role will be the daily running of a field sales team and so you must have excellent communication, leadership and interpersonal skills and be able to implement the most efficient ways of working to your team who you will also encourage to always share best practice.
- Have at least five years previous sales experience;
- Experience leading and managing a field sales team;
- Great leadership skills with a coaching mindset;
- In depth understanding of sales and marketing principles;
- Ability and willingness to learn with a hands-on approach;
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills;
- Plenty of initiative and a self-starter;
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels;
- Show attention to detail and be able to prioritise a busy workload;
- Self-motivated with a desire for success.
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- A sound knowledge of ruminant and monogastric livestock production systems;
- A comprehensive understanding of the agricultural industry in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland;
- Educated to degree level, preferably an agriculture or business-related discipline;
- Experience within the Agricultural field would be very beneficial, but this is not essential.
In return the company offers an attractive salary with bonus, a benefits package, a company car and excellent career progression opportunities.
Fane Valley Feeds is the leading Agri supply Co-op in Northern Ireland with two modern feed mills in Omagh and Newry and Agri stores across the province. With a strong technical support proposition, Fane Valley Feeds is committed to improving its farmer customers’ businesses, providing superlative service and the best quality feeds on the market.
With one of the most modern animal feed manufacturing facilities in Europe, Fane Valley Feeds is committed to manufacturing the highest quality feeds for our customers. Both our Omagh and Newry sites operate to UFAS manufacturing standards and our delivery fleet is TASCC assured.
Our culture is based on setting best in class standards, working towards and delivering on committed objectives, striving for constant improvement and involving everyone in the process. We endeavour to develop our people and harness everyone’s potential to deliver a winning team.
Fane Valley Feeds is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to a safe, inclusive and relationship based working environment.
In return we offer a high degree of responsibility, great opportunities for learning, personal growth and development with advancement within a fast-moving agricultural sector. Health benefits and cover to be discussed with Human Resources.