As part of our ambitious growth strategy the company now wishes to appoint a highly motivated Commercial Manager.
Milling since 1865 Smyths Daleside are the leading manufacturer of animal feed in the North West of Ireland. For over 155 years we have been making the highest quality feeds with the aim of exceeding our customers’ expectations.
Reporting to the General Manager and based at our Mill in Ballindrait, the Commercial Manager will be responsible for managing the Smyths Daleside sales team to deliver a strategy to increase market share in existing markets and maximise new business development opportunities.
• In conjunction with the General Manager define a strategy to increase market share in existing markets and maximise new business development opportunities;
• To lead, manage and motivate the sales team to maintain and develop business with new and existing customers;
• To ensure customers receive excellent technical support and first class customer service;
• Set annual targets for revenue, profitability and sales growth and monitor performance against same;
• Drive profitability through increasing sales & controlling costs whilst maintaining company operating standards;
• Maintain and develop the Smyths Daleside corporate image and reputation through suitable PR and advertising activities;
• Liaise with operational management and staff regarding product development, product formulations, optimising product quality and customer satisfaction;
• Contribute to the wider strategic development of the business.
• Educated to degree level qualification in Agriculture, Animal Nutrition, Science or
a business related discipline;
• Have a detailed knowledge of the Irish agricultural supply sector;
• Preferably have previous experience and knowledge of the Irish feed manufacturing sector;
• Have previous experience of managing key customer relationships and a proven track record in achieving sales targets;
• Possess a minimum of 5 years commercial experience, ideally within the agricultural sector and be able to demonstrate significant achievement in same;
• Have good people management skills and the ability to get the best out of people;
• Be able to demonstrate business acumen and commercial focus with excellent problem solving and analytical skills;
• Have experience of developing and implementing budgets and team/employee KPIs and performance appraisals;
• Ideally have experience of ruminant nutrition and diet formulation.
In return the company offers an attractive salary with bonus, company pension and benefits package, a company car and excellent career progression opportunities.
To apply please forward a current CV and cover letter to the HR Manager, Smyths Daleside, Ballindrait, Lifford, Co Donegal, F93 K447 or email firstname.lastname@example.org