Reporting to the Managing Director the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering the oat supply & farm sustainability strategy for the business along with co-product sales and business development.
You will be responsible for managing all commercial aspects of the oat supply chain including purchasing & planning the oat requirements for the mill. Selling and developing new markets for oat mill co-products, developing & delivering oat supply chain including sustainability strategy, grower contract management, agronomy & research support.
You will be joining an ambitious and motivated senior leadership team who are on a mission to develop the business and fulfil on the company purpose of – unlocking the power of oats for a better world.
Join a team who values autonomy, ownership and looking to new ideas as we seek to grow in this incredibly exciting space, a team who is committed to building our ‘growth’ culture, working collaboratively and innovatively as we continue our ambitious growth journey, instilling a fun environment and a great place to work along the way.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in a commercial role ideally within in the Agri food or ancillary industries with a passion for farming and food production. You will possess a strong commercial awareness in buying and or selling within the agri-food industries and have a firm knowledge in supply chain management.
Passionate about developing sustainable food supply chains and tackling the key sustainability challenges of our time including grower viability, carbon reduction and biodiversity increase.
You will have the ability to lead -identifying needs and initiating innovate solutions to tackle key supply chain challenges.
Your own personal values will match those of the company – Trust, Willingness, Focus, Respect and Support. A team player you will be supported by your colleagues in delivering your goals, while your colleagues on the team will also look to you to provide leadership in all aspects of the oat supply chain.
This is an exciting and challenging new role and candidates must be able to demonstrate excellent leadership interpersonal and organisational skills.
- 5 years’ experience in a commercial role– ideally within the agri food industry;
- An agricultural or food background with the ability to display good practical knowledge of the arable sector.
- Track record in developing commercial partnerships
Preference will be given to candidates:
- Whose experience is gained within the Agri, food and ancillary industries
- With experience of applying LEAN or continuous improvement principals to the food supply chain;
- With a third level qualification in related discipline e.g Agriculture or business degree
- With working Knowledge and experience of quality assurance systems, e.g. Red Tractor; Soil Association Organic.