Growing Better Together
Fane Valley is now one of Ireland's most progressive agri-food businesses, with interests in red meats, feed compounding, porridge oats and breakfast cereals, agricultural supplies, and renewable energy, operative across Europe. Our commitment to developing our work force is paramount in meeting our objective of delivering quality products with top class service at competitive prices.
Fane Valley has a diverse culture reflecting the diversity not only in the business functions but also in our locations. As a company we embrace change and continuously strive to be the best in whatever sector we enter.
Closing Date: 27th March 2020
Duncrue Food Processors Ltd (DFP) has been in operation for over thirty years. DFP has grown to be one of the UK’s leading beef dripping producers. Our primary operation is the manufacture of high quality beef dripping which is sold to the fast food, catering and food manufacturing industries. We now wish to recruit for the following position:
Reporting to the Operations Director, the HSEQ Technician will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all relevant quality and food safety standards and ensuring all aspects of production are carried out to exact quality specifications. They will also work with Group Health and Safety on all aspects of health and safety in the workplace.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all production tasks are carried out to exact quality specifications;
- Carry out quality checks and maintain up-to-date records;
- Collect and send samples to outside laboratories for testing;
- Review and update all quality / H & S checks and processes as required;
- Assist in customer and supplier audits (packaging and raw material);
- Ensure the factory is always audit ready and maintain compliance with BRC, HACCP, Food Safety and Quality Standards;
- Work with relevant departments to implement and maintain H & S and Environmental Systems;
- Fully investigate all accidents and incidents that occur on site and produce appropriate reports;
- At least 3 year’s previous work experience in a food environment;
- A working knowledge of HACCP, BRC and Health and Safety;
- A degree in a relevant discipline (Environmental Health, Health and Safety) or equivalent;
- Be IT Literate;
- Have the ability to work on your own initiative with minimal supervision and work as part of a team;
- Demonstrate excellent communication and problem solving skills;
- Show attention to detail and accuracy of record keeping;
- A full UK driving licence and access to a car for the purposes of work.
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- HACCP Level 3;
- Food Hygiene Level 4;
- IOSH / NEBOSH Qualification Desirable;
- Experience in staff training and development;
Hours of work: Monday – Friday 9am – 5.30pm (2-3 late shifts will be required per month)
To request an application form please contact the HR Department at Fane Valley. Email: email@example.com, Tel: (028) 9261 0480 or apply
on our GET GOT platform. https://fanevalley.getgotjobs.co.uk/home