Growing Better Together
Fane Valley is now one of Ireland's most progressive agri-food businesses, with interests in red meats, feed compounding, porridge oats and breakfast cereals, agricultural supplies, and renewable energy, operative across Europe. Our commitment to developing our work force is paramount in meeting our objective of delivering quality products with top class service at competitive prices.
Fane Valley has a diverse culture reflecting the diversity not only in the business functions but also in our locations. As a company we embrace change and continuously strive to be the best in whatever sector we enter.
Reference: Ref: FVF/PO/07/19
Closing Date: 16th July 2019
Fane Valley Feeds is one of the largest animal feed manufacturers in Northern Ireland with manufacturing facilities in Omagh and Newry. With one of the most modern animal feed mills in Europe, Fane Valley Feeds is committed to manufacturing the highest quality animal feeds for our customers.
We now invite applications for the following position based at our Omagh mill.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, Plant Operators are an integral part of our day-to-day operation, being responsible for the production and quality checking of all orders in the mill.
- Operating a highly computerised manufacturing process;
- Supervising raw material intake;
- Packing finished product and operating a forklift truck;
- Performing product quality checks and maintaining mill hygiene standards.
- Must have a good standard of education, with GCSEs or equivalent including Maths and English;
- Must possess strong IT skills with previous experience using computerised production equipment;
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a busy team;
- Preferably candidates will have previous experience working in an animal feed mill or have an agricultural background.
The hours of work are Monday to Friday based on a three shift rotating pattern. Flexibility is also required to work Saturday morning overtime when necessary.
In return the company offers an excellent rate of pay, private medical insurance, private pension, 32 days annual leave and the opportunity to undertake training so you can develop your skills.
For further information or to request an application form please contact the HR Department at Fane Valley.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: (028) 92 610480 or download an application form at fanevalley.com/careers.