Growing Better Together
Fane Valley is now one of Ireland's most progressive agri-food businesses, with interests in red meats, feed compounding, porridge oats and breakfast cereals, agricultural supplies, and renewable energy, operative across Europe. Our commitment to developing our work force is paramount in meeting our objective of delivering quality products with top class service at competitive prices.
Fane Valley has a diverse culture reflecting the diversity not only in the business functions but also in our locations. As a company we embrace change and continuously strive to be the best in whatever sector we enter.
Agricultural Store Manager
Reference: Ref: FVS/ASM/05/18
Closing Date: 30th May 2018
Fane Valley Stores is the largest retail distributor of animal health and farm supplies in Northern Ireland with 16 retail stores, an on-line trading platform and the market leading position in livestock identification products. Quality of product and unrivalled customer service are the key to our success in this sector.
We now invite applications for the following position based at our Claudy Store.
Reporting to the Retail Manager the successful applicant, will assume operational responsibility for the implementation of our planned growth strategy for the Claudy store.
- Responsible for the day to day management of a busy Agri-Retail store;
- Develop retail sales growth for agro-chemicals, fertiliser, animal health products, animal feeds, livestock identification and agricultural requisites;
- Manage and develop customer relationships;
- Lead, manage and motivate a small team of dedicated sales and store personnel;
- Deliver excellent store standards through visual merchandising.
- Have supervisory/management experience in a retail-sales environment;
- Previous experience of managing and motivating a team;
- Excellent communication skills and experience of building long term customer relationships;
- Have a strong understanding of IT and computerised accounting;
- A hands on approach to all aspects of the business;
- Enthusiastic, hard working with ability to work on own initiative;
- Possess an knowledge of the NI Agricultural Industry;
- Ideally have an SQP qualification for animal health sales;
- Ideally, hold a third level qualification in an agriculture or business related discipline.
To request an application form please contact the HR Department at Fane Valley.
Email: email@example.com, Tel: (028) 92 610480 or download an application form at www.fanevalley.com/careers.