Growing Better Together
Fane Valley is now one of Ireland's most progressive agri-food businesses, with interests in red meats, feed compounding, porridge oats and breakfast cereals, agricultural supplies, and renewable energy, operative across Europe. Our commitment to developing our work force is paramount in meeting our objective of delivering quality products with top class service at competitive prices.
Fane Valley has a diverse culture reflecting the diversity not only in the business functions but also in our locations. As a company we embrace change and continuously strive to be the best in whatever sector we enter.
Human Resources Officer
Reference: Ref: FV/HR/01/19
Closing Date: 18th January 2019
The Fane Valley Group is a long established farmer owned business with interests in red meat, oat milling, animal feed manufacture and the supply of farm requisites. As part of our continued development we now have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join the Human Resources Department as Human Resources Officer.
This key role within Fane Valley Group is aimed at driving business success by ensuring the wellbeing, training and development and performance management of our people.
Based in Moira and reporting to the Group Human Resource Manager, the successful candidate will provide a broad range of support and guidance to our Group businesses. The post holder will be familiar with relevant legislation with specialist knowledge of, and experience in, the areas of recruitment, retention, training and development, grievances and disciplinaries as well as employee engagement.
- Three years general HR Officer experience;
- A third level qualification in a relevant discipline (i.e. Business Studies / Human Resource Management);
- Knowledge of and experience in recruitment processes, performance management and employee engagement;
- Work closely with wider management in adopting a proactive approach to training & development consistent with the strategic objectives of the business;
- Experience of providing support and guidance to managers on employee relations and on company policy and procedure; including attendance management, performance, disciplinary, grievance and health and well-being issues;
- Excellent communication skills at all levels both verbal and written;
- IT literate – proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
- HR and time management software experience;
- Experience in preparation and delivery of training on HR subjects;
- Proven conflict resolution experience;
- Highly developed organisation and time management skills;
- Confident and engaging approach.
- Membership of the CIPD;
- Experience of working across a number of business sites;
- Previous experience of working in a FMCG environment.
You will be a multi tasker, organised with the ability to prioritise, approachable, empathetic and highly articulate. This is a group role, the successful candidate will be required to travel between our company sites therefore a driving licence and use of a car is essential.
To request an application form please contact the HR Department at Fane Valley. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: (028) 92 610480 or download an application form at www.fanevalley.com/careers.