Growing Better Together
Fane Valley is now one of Ireland's most progressive agri-food businesses, with interests in red meats, feed compounding, porridge oats and breakfast cereals, agricultural supplies, and renewable energy, operative across Europe. Our commitment to developing our work force is paramount in meeting our objective of delivering quality products with top class service at competitive prices.
Fane Valley has a diverse culture reflecting the diversity not only in the business functions but also in our locations. As a company we embrace change and continuously strive to be the best in whatever sector we enter.
Technical & Quality Manager (Maternity Cover)
Reference: Ref No: WS/TQM/06/18
Closing Date: 3rd August 2018
White’s has been milling oats in Tandragee, Co Armagh for over 175 years. Part of the Fane Valley Group of companies, we supply a wide range of oat and porridge products to retail and food service customers throughout Ireland, the UK and in key export markets. At White’s we believe in quality in every part of our business, from the oats our dedicated growers produce to the standards we set ourselves and in the people who join our team.
We now invite applications for the following temporary position.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Technical and Quality Manager will be responsible for leading and managing a team to ensure White’s technical requirements are met through development and maintenance of world class quality systems.
- Have a third level qualification in a food related discipline;
- At least three years’ experience in a senior technical role within a food company;
- Experience in managing teams and getting the best out of direct reports;
- Ability to lead staff and provide direction to site technical and quality department;
- Have a qualification in a management related discipline;
- Knowledge of relevant technical and quality accreditation bodies (UFAS, BRC, LEAF, TAS);
- The ability to deal with customer technical and quality queries;
- Be commercially focused with ability to collaborate effectively with sales colleagues and customers;
- Be IT literate.
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- A formal IT qualification e.g. ECDL;
- A formal qualification in staff supervision.
The successful candidate will be expected to be flexible in their working hours to accommodate the operational needs of the business which may include shift work.