Growing Better Together
Fane Valley is now one of Ireland's most progressive agri-food businesses, with interests in red meats, feed compounding, porridge oats and breakfast cereals, agricultural supplies, and renewable energy, operative across Europe. Our commitment to developing our work force is paramount in meeting our objective of delivering quality products with top class service at competitive prices.
Fane Valley has a diverse culture reflecting the diversity not only in the business functions but also in our locations. As a company we embrace change and continuously strive to be the best in whatever sector we enter.
Reference: Ref: FVF/FMT/05/18
Closing Date: 30th May 2018
Fane Valley Feeds is one of the largest feed companies in Northern Ireland with manufacturing facilities in Omagh and Newry. With one of the most modern animal feeds mills in Europe, Fane Valley Feeds is committed to producing the highest quality feeds for our customers.
We now wish to recruit for the following position based at our Omagh Site.
The successful candidate will be involved in providing preventative maintenance and process improvements of automated machinery to maximise production efficiency, assist with ongoing upgrades of the plant and maintaining mill hygiene standards.
It is essential that all applicants have;
- Must be a time served fitter with at least 3 years previous experience gained post qualification;
- An engineering or mechanical qualification or equivalent;
- Experience in undertaking complex fault finding analysis;
- The ability to undertake complex mechanical tasks including welding and fabrication;
- Knowledge and working experience of pneumatic and hydraulic systems;
- Good IT skills.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Experience using a Computerised Maintenance Management System;
- Experience of working in the animal feed milling industry;
- A health and safety qualification.
Applicants should be self-motivated with excellent communication, organisational and team working skills. Applicants must be prepared to work a rotating 24/5 shift pattern. There will also be a requirement to work outside normal work pattern hours should it be necessary.
To request an application form please contact the HR Department at Fane Valley.
Email: email@example.com, Tel: (028) 92610 480 or download an application form at www.fanevalley.com/careers.